Space Mission: Nonsense Words
Children will love this award winning Space Mission: Nonsense Words game. A really fun way to develop literacy and boost phonics skills. Furthermore, this game is designed to prepare children for the National Curriculum year 1 Phonics Screening Check!
Make learning fun with space themed game. Children fly their saucer and use the Super Suction feature to collect the astronaut and alien cards. Pronounce the words on the back of the cards correctly in order to save them. Astronaut cards show real words and Alien cards show nonsense words. So what are nonsense words? Nonsense words made up and don’t mean anything but do follow phonics rules taught in class.
How to play?
- The youngest player goes first and uses their spaceship to collect a card of their choice, pressing it down onto the card to seal the suction base
- Keeping the spaceship in place, the player turns it over to reveal a word on the reverse of the card
- If pronounced correctly, they get to keep it. If incorrect, the card gets placed back in play
- Play continues to the left
- The first player to collect three astronauts and three aliens wins!
Furthermore, the set includes four spaceships, 110 game cards and an activity guide.
Finally, this toy is ideal for children aged from 4 years.